LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help interfacing oscilloscope lt354m

Hello everyone, 

I have a pulse generator which produces 8 pulses (100µs each, 5V each) with a frequency of 1Hz (but it's not very accurate). So I have to set, via labview, the oscilloscope timebase and the oscilloscope trigger in such a way to fit each pulse in the display and save the data for that pulse.

In other words I have to display one pulse at a time, save the data for this pulse and the go to the other pulse since all the 8 pulses have gone.

I have already done the part for saving the data but I don't know how to do the other part.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,066 Views)
What is your exact problem? Is the scope from LeCroy? There's a driver for it that you can use. Help> Find instrument Drivers.

Please setup the scope manually before doing any code to understand what settings you need.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,057 Views)

Yes, it's oscilloscope from Lecroy and I alrealdy have the drivers. My problem is that: since I have these 8 pulses which come from the pulse generator, I want to display into the oscilloscope one pulse at a time (and so set the oscilloscope timebase and the oscilloscpe trigger in such a way that it can recognize the rising edge of the pulse and so it can display only one pulse; then saves the data for this pulse and then goes to the next pulse; when the pulses have finished stop the .vi).

But since I don't know how much time tooks from the first pulse until the last one (but I know the pulses are 😎 I think I have to edit the holdoff of the oscilloscope but I don't know how and I haven't a lot of confidence with the oscilloscope (I'm learning to work with this instruments so I don't know a lot about that). 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,044 Views)
Well, when you have some more confidence and can set the scope manually to acquire and display a single pulse, please post back if you need help to duplicate the setup in your code. Frankly, it's silly to even think about LabVIEW if you're not familiar with the instrument.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,034 Views)
But does anyone know how to set the oscilloscope manually?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,018 Views)

LeCroy surely provides you a manual for your scope…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 6 of 6
(3,010 Views)