LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

has anyone done any control of an ABB robot with labview and robotstudio?

I am busy with a piece of test equipment where I need to read data from and send position commands to a ABB robot. This robot uses their new IRC5 controller. I have got their OPC server but I am having difficulty in getting it to respond to the commands I am sending via OPC. I was hoping someone has done this before and can perhaps assist me in getting going.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,988 Views)
How are you communicating with the OPC server from LabVIEW; using LabVIEW DSC or Datasocket? Also, if you think your connection is right and are having problems with their OPC server, you should probably contact their Support team.
Message Edited by Adnan Z on 05-19-2009 05:46 AM
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,972 Views)

Hi,

I'm trying the solution like your, but communication with  ABB.Robotics.Controllers.dll (. NET) and convert between C# to LabVIEW,

it was success but i'm not fisnish yet to send position or command to the controller because some class not a public constructors.

any update please let me know.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,778 Views)

hi, I am also trying the same thing. Exactly,  public constructor does not exist in some functions. Especially the critical one,request mastership. So does anyone have any suggestion or way ? Thank you.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,681 Views)

Hi,

The method to acquire the mastership of the controller is like this:

http://www.robotstudio.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4287

LabVIEW is powerful, actually, almost all of the function avaible in the API could be accessed via LabVIEW.

best regards,

binbin

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,409 Views)