LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hardware not detected properly in MAX 5.5

I previously had LabVIEW 2010-2012 installed on my computer with everything working properly.  I then installed LabVIEW 2013 along with the new device drivers and now MAX no longer detects hardware properly (see attached image).  I have tried with several different devices and they all do the same thing.  I have tried the Reset Configuration Data from the Tools menu which did not help.  I then uninstalled everything NI from my computer to try and start with a clean slate.  I still need 2012, so I started with just that but then MAX could not open without a fatal error forcing me to close it.  I then installed 2013 again and now I'm back to my original issue of not detecting hardware properly.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,310 Views)

What hardware are you expecting to show up and what version of those drivers do you have installed?  Also, from MAX would you mind creating a technical support report and posting it as well.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,299 Views)

I was trying to connect a cDAQ 9174 with three modules installed (9205, 9213, and 9265).  As you can see in the original image, the chassis is listed but only has a generic USB icon next to it that cannot be expanded to see the modules.  I have DAQmx 9.7.5 installed currently.  I also tried upgrading to DAQmx 9.8 before uninstalling and reinstalling everything but I still had the same result.  The hardware is in another building, so I cannot connect to it and create a report at the moment.  If it is helpful, I can get that tomorrow and post it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,285 Views)

Thanks for the additional information.  It is really hard to say what is going on without the report.  It includes information about what is going on in some of the lower levels to help narrow the problem to see if it is a MAX problem or a driver issue, so the report would be really useful.  

Also, does the chassis show up in the Windows device manager?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,279 Views)