From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

group case states

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Maybe this could be something for LabVIEW 2014...? Or 2015...? Or maybe it already exist but I don't know it yet?

I have a big structure with an event structure which triggers a state machine with many cases, I have around 30 cases now... It would be very nice to group some cases together, so I have 4 cases related to playing and pausing acquisition, that could be one group then I have some other cases around 5 which are related to calibration, that could be one group.

I would be very handy to push on the pull down menu at the top of the case structure and that you could group cases together, like a tree.

Best regards,

Thijs

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,121 Views)

If you think you have an idea for a new LabVIEW feature, post it in the ideas exchange.

(Make sure to first search if a similar idea already exists.)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,116 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ThijsBoeree

I would be very handy to push on the pull down menu at the top of the case structure and that you could group cases together, like a tree.

Like this

case.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 3 of 4
(2,089 Views)

It looks very nice, but i don't like "dummy" cases in my structure, but it is a solution! I''ll wait for a solution in LabVIEW itself... If they ever going to make that!

Regards!

Thijs

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,085 Views)