LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

grayed out numbers in 3d graph

Hi all,

Some numbers in the axis of my 3D graph are grayed out. I have no idea why this happens and more importantly, how to solve it. See the attached screenshot. It only happens to the 5's, 7's and 9's. Does anyone know how I can get rid of this problem?Unfortunately I cant upload the entire project, but i'm working on a 32bit system with labview 2013. Also it doesn't seem to happen while running the VI, only the compiled program. If more info is needed please let me know. Thanks

Elias

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,882 Views)

Hi Elias,

This does sound like a strange situation. When you say you compile the program is that in .exe form or compiled to a remote device? Are you able to change the colour before compiling and see if it stays that colour when running? Are you using any property nodes that correspond to the graph?

Thanks

Pete

NI Applications Engineer

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,819 Views)

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your reply. I use both the .exe and an installer on multiple remote windows pc's (currently windows 8 32bit, but maybe in the future windows 10). The .exe i use mainly for testing, the installer is the final test and goes to our costumers when done. I use the following write property nodes; graph visible, change axis text label, change projection mode and view direction. I read the min and max range of the axis also by using property nodes. I havent had the chance to try it with different colours, will try that soon. In the end though, I dont really want to use another colour since this is the design i want to keep using. I think 30 percent of the builds have this problem, 70 percent are perfectly fine, independant of the computer I'm running the program on or the compile method. I also saw it happening when running the VI last week, so apperently it doens't just happen when compiled.. It does happen a lot more often when compiled though. Hope this helps, thanks again and if you need to know more let me know!

Elias

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,782 Views)

Hi again,

I just tried it with different colours and all have the same problem. Also, i was playing around with all the settings a bit, and I noticed that the amount of greyed out is dependant on the size of the marker. See attached pictures for the changes in size. I am using size 8.

Thanks,

Elias

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,778 Views)

Here is the rest of the screenshots

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,776 Views)

Hi Elias,

I have replicated this with my software in 2015. It appears to be a general bug which I have reported to the R&D Team. 

It can be fixed by changing the size of the graph or like you mentioned increasing the font size. It may be that on the 30% of deployments the screen resolution is different making the window a different size causing this to occur?

Sorry I couldn't help further.

Pete

NI Applications Engineer

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,700 Views)

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, the window sizes are all the same and the pc's the software is installed on are all identical. Can I expect this bug to be fixed for LabView 2013 version anytime soon? Thanks in advance.

Have a nice day,

Elias

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,679 Views)