From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

graph xy move cursor programmability

Hi, i have this problem,
i have graphXY with one cursor, "Snap to point" "Channel 1", when programmability associate one position(x) for the cursor, no accept the new position. Why?
Hola a todos, perdón por mi inglés, pero tengo el siguiente problema, Tengo un gráfico de tipo Xy, en el cual tengo un cursor asociado al Plot 1 bajo la modalidad Snap to point, si programáticamente quiero cambiarle el valor X a ese cursor, no solamente no lo hace, sino que vuelve al princicipio de la señal. Cómo puedo evitar esto?. No quiero que funcione el cursor en forma free, porque no me toma los valores del Plot.
Podrían saber por qué es esto?
Muchas gracias, saludos, MFS.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,811 Views)
When you use Snap to Point, you must provide both a valid X and Y exact position for the cursor. If you're using DBLs, this can be a problem. Imho, it's much easier to use Cursor.Index to move it. You search the data for the correct X/Y value window and retrieve the index. The other possibility is to temporarily turn off snap, move the cursor with Cursor.PosX and Cursor.PosY and then turn snap back on.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,810 Views)
This link may be useful especially the subsequent link to a Knowledge Base note:

http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=135&HOID=50650000000800000064010000&USEARCHCONTEXT_CATEGORY_0=_49_%24_6_&USEARCHCONTEXT_CATEGORY_S=0&UCATEGORY_0=_49_%24_6_&UCATEGORY_S=0
=====================================================
Fading out. " ... J. Arthur Rank on gong."
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,810 Views)
thanks Donald
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,811 Views)
I probe move cursor on point correct, but the problem persist."The other possibility is to temporarily turn off snap, move the cursor with Cursor.PosX and Cursor.PosY and then turn snap back on..." i work with this, but i dont`t like it.
Thanks for your solution.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,810 Views)
So what is the question about... I have to use XY graph in my program. It is used in Loop while cycle. It shows the statistic of a variable. I am using cursors in this graph to check the actual value of a variable in different period of time. But there are 7 variables and it is extremely hard for user to check each value independently. So I tried to make them moving on the X axis (TIME) together using the property node (cursors reading the position (only X axis, Y axis status lock to plot) of the major cursor and follow it... Everything looks great? But it did not work when I am trying to move the major cursor manually on graph... It works only when I am using the cursor movement buttons... But they work very slowly when there is a lot of data in graph.

I want to find out is it possible to make seven coursers mouthing together By the X axe and be Locked each at its plot by Y axe manually (Using mouse moving on a graph). Is it possible? If it is than how to do it?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,787 Views)
Shidla,

I believe your post has been answered at the following thread by Matt F:: http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=100776

When we updated our forums we had to cancel all subscriptions so it is suggested to start new threads for future topics. Also...the way our search engine works...it is more efficient to have one new post rather than the same post to multiple threads. This information will expedite your queries in the future.

cheers,
Brett
Message 7 of 7
(2,778 Views)