From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

graph with old data points from file

I have a training device with sensors, arduino microcontroller, and everything is processed in labiew, and shown on the interface.

I have data saved into a file (coma seperated values), where the kg of reputations is saved. For example, 1kg, 2g, 1.5kg, 1.7kg, etc, everysecond.

I wouldlike to make a new graph, with x->time, y->weight. This will show the exercises, because the person stands on the measuring board, so when he pushes 10kg more than his body weight, its visible on the graph.

BUT i would like to show the last tranings somehow also, so it is more motivating that you can see your improvement. I attaching a picture about the graph: graph_labview.jpg

My problem: how to show the calculated maximum from more files, and show it on the graph? For example like a line, shown in the picture. I also have problem that how can i read from a file, when there is multiple collums, to calculate the maximum. I attach the current data file from what i need the maximum kg value: test1.txt

Any suggestions?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,359 Views)

Hm, you could add those horizontal lines in form of (free) cursors. However, having a time relation for these lines (e.g. "When was the maximum") is not recommended but it seems that you already are aware of that....

Norbert

EDIT: Depending on the variance, you possibly have to deactivate auto-scaling for y-axis. Use programmatic scaling as required.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,336 Views)