From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

graph auto scale error

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a problem with the Y scale of a waveform graph when it auto scales. The numbers are not displayed correctly and don't always line up with the grid lines. It's hard to describe so here''s a couple of pictures.

graph6.jpg

Sometimes it seems to keep part of the "old" scale which partially overwrites the new. If you double click on the each of the numbers they will change to the correct display but the numbers that are displayed between the "real" number can't be removed.

I don't have any invoke nodes connected to it and one property node to clear history data when writing new data.

Data is being collected for several seconds and the chart is updated once when the aquistion stops.

Graph7.jpg

This is LV2012/Win 7

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,216 Views)

Hello, could you please re-post the pictures as attachments? I am unable to view the pictures.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,194 Views)

Yeah, sorry about that. I just realized when I deleted them from my profile it affected the message also. They are attached also if it will be easier to read.

@Eric-E wrote:

Hello, could you please re-post the pictures as attachments? I am unable to view the pictures.

Graph2.JPGgraph5.JPG

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,191 Views)

Maybe you could try changing the auto scale option by right clicking the graph and de-selecting auto scale. Does the graph refresh correctly if you drag it off screen and back on?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,185 Views)

@Eric-E wrote:

Maybe you could try changing the auto scale option by right clicking the graph and de-selecting auto scale. Does the graph refresh correctly if you drag it off screen and back on?

Hi Eric,

I had to steal the hardware back to answer your questions. Yes I could take it off of auto scale but the end user wants that function. You were right, the display refreshes correctly when you drag it off the screen. I assume this means it's some sort of video artifact. I've noticed these a few times when working on the diagram as lines or even red bordered boxes that disappear when you scroll them off the screen. This is the first time I've seen on on a complied front panel. Is there a way to programmability refresh the display? 

Hopefully it won't be an issue when it's run on the laptop it will eventually be used on.

Thanks for the help.

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,171 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GDthomas

I'm not sure how to refresh.

1) Could you try right clicking in the center of the graph then select "y-axis" then "loose fit"?

2) If you don't mind how it looks, you could also change the style to have a few tick marks in between to try to work around the issue

3) You could try right clicking and going into properties, then changing all kinds of stuff there

Sorry I don't have a better idea currently. I'll keep a lookout for solutions.

Message 6 of 10
(3,157 Views)

@Eric-E wrote:

I'm not sure how to refresh.

1) Could you try right clicking in the center of the graph then select "y-axis" then "loose fit"?

2) If you don't mind how it looks, you could also change the style to have a few tick marks in between to try to work around the issue

3) You could try right clicking and going into properties, then changing all kinds of stuff there

Sorry I don't have a better idea currently. I'll keep a lookout for solutions.

I've tried changing all kinds of settings including loose fit. I'm going to wait and see if it's a problem on the PC at the tester. If there is I'll deal with it then. 

Thanks for the advice.

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,131 Views)

Sounds good. If it persists, and if it's a possibility on your end, you could post your VI here.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,120 Views)

I have the same problem. What is the way to solve this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,164 Views)

Hi,

did you try all mentioned actions from this thread?

Mind to attach your VI with some typical data?

Have you tried to delete the graph and use a new fresh graph? (Sometimes a graph gets corrupted and replacing it also solves mysterious problems...)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,154 Views)