LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

graph and image don't update until switch to backpanel

All,

I have a large and, no doubt, inefficient image acquisition/processing VI running 2 Andor scientific cameras using their sdk package.  Obviously, this is not NI-supported, but I have some weird behavior.  Recently, I have found that several of the front panel indicators do not update unless I switch to the back panel and then back to the front panel.  This is pretty obnoxious... any wisdom?  Thanks.  J

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,408 Views)

What is a "back panel"?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,379 Views)

wiring diagram.... isn't that what we call it?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,334 Views)

We call it the "block diagram". 😄

Are there other operations that also restore the update (e.g. "minimize...restore").

Did it work correctly in the past? What changed (e.g. video driver update or similar).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,329 Views)

Altenbach,

Whoopsie.  As you can see, I have been doing more teaching and less research recently.  I don't know that anything has changed (though there may have been a windows 7 update that installed in the night).  Certainly, I have not installed any video drivers or new programs.  Likewise, I am not sure when the last working version of the VI was.   I wonder if the problem is not just my poor use of the Vision VIs creating a memory hog as these VI's seem to work much differently than the rest of Labview.  I will check on the effect of minimization when I get back to my lab tomorrow.  I do seem to recall that a hard stop (the stop sign button) leads to an update (and then 5 minutes of rebooting to unlock the PCI communication with the camera).  Thanks for your time.  J

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,322 Views)

For completeness, you should also tell us your LabVIEW version.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,313 Views)