LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gpib interface is missing

Solved!
Go to solution

I have already installed the VI package manager. But I can't find the Express VI Structured Error Handler via Strg+space. Where can I find it?

I have the Labview Tools Network from JKI VIPM but when I search there for GXML which is required for the Error Handler it can not find it....

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,579 Views)

when I use clear errors, I need to build every time the .exe to check right? because generating reports is working in the development env. but not in the exe.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,569 Views)

I asked NI to help me what's wrong with the .exe. I'm still waiting and will post the solution when I have it.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,540 Views)

clear error function in the New Report.vi under NI_report.lvclass didn't work... the error is in the .exe still there.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,524 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Susanne1709

I got the solution from NI.

I need to create a new Virtual folder, add Folder (Snapshot) and there I must add the reports templates for Excel. The .exe wasn't able to access to these templates, therefore the error 7 has occured. When I build the application, I need to set this new folder as "always included" under "Source Files". In "Destinations" I need to add a new folder with the same name. Most important is that I enable the option "Preserve disk hierarchy" for this folder and "Set destination for all contained items" to this folder under "Source File Settings". Now it's working Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,482 Views)

Hey, thanks for the update, and BIG thanks for marking the problem as solved - AND for providing the solution.  The reason why this is so important is that someone having similar issues in the future can benefit from your experience.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,464 Views)