From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gpib interface is missing

Solved!
Go to solution

I built an .exe and can work with it so far. The last step is creating a report (excel). Creating reports is working fine in the development environment but not via the .exe. Then I get the attached error message. What does it mean and what can I do?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(4,043 Views)

Error code 7 has two definitions.  One is from GPIB.  But since you are not doing anything with GPIB, you can ignore that part of the explaination.  The other part is File Not Found.  That is what you are having problems with.

The Report Generation Toolkit uses dynamically called classes.  Since they are dynamic, they are not automatically included in the EXE.  So you need to use the Alway Include option in the executable properties on the following folders: <LabVIEW>\vi.lib\LVClass and <LabVIEW>\vi.lib\NIReport.llb.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(4,039 Views)

One of the first things I had to learn - for survival's sake - was that you can have multiple error definitions for a LabVIEW error code.  It will list all the errors for that particular number and it's up to you to determine which one it is.

In your case, there are two clues as to which one it is.  The first clue is that you are doing file operations.  The second is that you aren't making use of GPIB (if one even exists on your computer).  If you were using GPIB, you might have to check where the error is coming from.  e.g., If your subVI names are descriptive enough, the path will give you a big clue as to which error description describes the error.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(4,007 Views)

I set the NIReport.llb to always included - I don't have more choice to choose. But it's not working... I get the same error while generating the report. Any other idea?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,987 Views)

Susanne1709,

In the Application Builder, try to click on Advanced and enable the option Pass all command line arguments to application.

Thank you & Best regards
syrpimp

=======================================================
“You must continue to gain expertise, but avoid thinking like an expert." -Denis Waitley
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,978 Views)

it looks like a little bit better because Excel opens for less than 1 second and closes again. The error message is the same Smiley Sad Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,969 Views)

put a Clear errors Smiley Very Happy

Thank you & Best regards
syrpimp

=======================================================
“You must continue to gain expertise, but avoid thinking like an expert." -Denis Waitley
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,965 Views)

? what does that mean?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,957 Views)

In your code, try to check for this specific error code. If you have this error, use the Clear Error function. And test what you get in this case...

So in the block diagram of the "NI_Excel.lvclassnew........" subVI...if you clear this error, you may get you want. But not fure sure 😉

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,951 Views)

I need to install it before. Then I will try to put this Error VI after the VIs where the error comes up, then I try your suggestion.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,945 Views)