cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gpib error 0

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

So i've converted an old daq-program to daqmx and have it running on a test station.

On the 2nd station, quite similar to the 1st one, i get a gpib error 0, and i cant figure out what/why/how to do anything about it.

gpib error 0.PNG

I'm using older NI cards (same on both stations), listed as Traditional in MAX and using daqmx 9.3.5. and daq 7.4. The cards work in max, although i sometimes need to reset the driver on the problematic one.

Any ideas as to why it'd work on one computer and not the other?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,126 Views)

The fact that the description says GPIB doesn't mean it's a GPIB error. The only thing you know for sure is that you have an error cluster with the boolean set to T and the code set to 0. LV then just goes to the error files to see which files have this error code and it finds them in GPIB and VISA.

I would suggest finding out exactly where the error comes from. This is a required step in any case, but might not necessarily be enough to understand why the error occurs. Once you know where the error is, you might be able to search for that specific issue.

(4,118 Views)

Hello

I am building a digital down converter in LabVIEW. I am not able to figure out if my output is correct ( Inphase and Quadrature components). Am I on the right path? Please find attached the VI I have been working on.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,114 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Yamaeda

I'll install LV temporary on this computer, although i was hoping to avoid it and see if the same happens from dev. environment.

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,111 Views)

@nid,

you have now entered three different threads to post your totally unrelated question. Why don't you open your own thread?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,101 Views)
Sorry. Will do.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,096 Views)

You don't necessarily need LV - just set up your error reporting/logging so that you can see where the error happened.

(4,092 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Yamaeda

It had nothing to do with gpib at all, that was just a side effect of bad error reporting. The main issue was that it takes a while to communicate over the serial port at 0 bps ...

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,078 Views)

HI have the same error when I upgraded from 2010 to 2012. I can communicate to my GPIB device using MAX but unable to communicate with Labview. How did you solve this problem?

joe

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,974 Views)

Hi,

Now I have the same problem as you had. (Error 0 --> error connecting GPIB driver)

I want to kindly asked: How solved it this problem?

Thanks a lot

br

Csab87

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(1,864 Views)