LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

global_optimization_problem

Hi,

I have a little pb with my application, i have tried to use a global optimization but my VI reference doesn't work(where there is the objective function), because i have a Flat sequence  in the Vi (it is necessary to seek a value from a excel file),to be more precise i attach my VIs

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(4,259 Views)

First off, what do you mean by global optimization? Do you mean diagram clean-up? You can select sections of your code at a time and click Clean Up Diagram and it will only organize that section.

That being said, you don't need your sequence structure. It isn't doing anything to help your code. Remove it and then perform clean-up.

Clean up.PNG

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(4,240 Views)

i m using mathematical Optimization, this one: optilisqa.PNGI have two VI, one VI its the global_Optimization and the second on is Optimization phase_avant( where im using the MATHEMATICAL vi Global Optimisation which objective function is referring to the first VI)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(4,231 Views)

Oh. Okay. Well I dragged your VI to the VI reference without changing anything and it works. No broken run arrow.

Drag and drop.PNG

Open both VIs > Drag the icon from the top right of your Global Optimization VI > Drop it on on the static VI reference

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(4,222 Views)

Yes it works but the result of the optimization function f(minimum)="Inf",  i dont know why?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(4,216 Views)

Well I'm not familiar with this function, but you can trace down in to it to see where the Inf comes from. It looks like it gets set as a constant within the Init VI. Thi Init VI goes to that case only if Population initial value is empty. So if you want F(min) to have a value, you need to set an initial condition for your population using the Beginning State input.

Inf.PNG

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(4,207 Views)

When i try to add initial parameter on begining state, when i run the program, i have this code error:error2.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(4,192 Views)

You need to set Objective Functions to be a large enough array as well. This worked for me:

Front Panel Optimization.PNG

The values and what to input, that's all up to you and your requirements.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(4,186 Views)
Spoiler
Hello,

thanks for your respond, but it doesn't work for me; i do the same thing i have still the error message:

enough_array.PNG
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(4,125 Views)

i attach the optimization file which doesn't work,

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(4,119 Views)