From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting the highest peak

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone!

I'd like to know how to choose the highest peak like from the graph. Can anyone show me how can this be done?

Thanks!

graph.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,819 Views)

What is the datatype (array, waveform, dynamic, etc)?

If it is an array, you can use Array Max&Min.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,815 Views)

You might check out Peak Detector VI.  This library function lets you specify a threshold so that only peaks over the threshold are returned.  You can also specify a minimum width for peaks as a simple noise filter.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,806 Views)

It is really difficult from the image to even tell how the peaks looks like. You have many, many plots on this graph (many colors!) and there is huge overlap, especially in the middle. Can you zoom it to show how the pile of peaks in the center actually looks like? (... or even attach the VI containing typical data).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,799 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

It is really difficult from the image to even tell how the peaks looks like. You have many, many plots on this graph (many colors!) and there is huge overlap, especially in the middle. Can you zoom it to show how the pile of peaks in the center actually looks like? (... or even attach the VI containing typical data).

The input is a 2D array. But I want to extract the highest plot and plot in another graph.

i can't attach the VI because it has some hardware dll in it and this is the zoomed in version of the graph before. (The x and y axis are different because I adjusted the hardware a little)

Graph2.png 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,789 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Enriquez

As Altenbach said: Array Max & Min.

For 2d arrays, it returns row and column. Use the row:

Example_VI.png 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,783 Views)