From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting started with TPC2212

just got a TPC2212 with win7 embedded, and am trying to get it working

I've tried this guide: http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371940f.pdf

but I have a few issues...

first of all, I am not able to see the TPC2212 under new target and devices, but I can add it but inputting the IP directly

and when I try to run a vi, it opens internet explorer and loads what appaers to be a download site for labview runtime - there are error on the page, so I am not able to see any content - and either way, I already did install labview runtime.

any ideas on where to go from here?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,181 Views)

Hi Ehlert.

Any progress in getting your TPC working?

A couple of thoughts:

* When having such network issues, it can be due to the subnet settings. If your computer and TPC is not on the same subnet, it cannot automatically show up, however it will work if you specify the IP address manually.

* When you say you try to run a VI, do you then really mean a VI? The LabVIEW Run-Time Engine will only be able to run an executable (*.exe file). Does it work if you just build an exe the normal way (without the Touch Panel Module), and then copy it using a USB stick to the TPC?

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,162 Views)

@A.E.P wrote:

Hi Ehlert.

Any progress in getting your TPC working?

A couple of thoughts:

* When having such network issues, it can be due to the subnet settings. If your computer and TPC is not on the same subnet, it cannot automatically show up, however it will work if you specify the IP address manually.

* When you say you try to run a VI, do you then really mean a VI? The LabVIEW Run-Time Engine will only be able to run an executable (*.exe file). Does it work if you just build an exe the normal way (without the Touch Panel Module), and then copy it using a USB stick to the TPC?

Hi Alex,

of cause I didnt mean "vi", but exe...

I got it working after  reinstalling runtime enigne a few times

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,151 Views)