LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting nkdptp.dll working

Hi,

i am trying to get the dll from Nikons SDK to work with LabVIEW. If I include the DLL "nkdptp.dll" with the DLL-Node there is only one function listed in the drop down box. Function name is "NkDriverEntry".

Additionaly there is a "Type0004.md3" file in the SDK. If I try to include this file via DLL-node, it shows the following 2 functions:

"MAIDEntryPoint" and "NkDevCtrlEntry".

The manual of the sdk is not very helpful for this task.
Does anybody know, how to get the camera functions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,569 Views)

Hi,

where can I get that file? And do you habe a header .h file as well?

Regards

Gregor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,534 Views)

https://sdk.nikonimaging.com/apply/

I am working with the D7000.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,528 Views)

could you upload the files for me? What about a header file?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,525 Views)

That is the SDK for the Nikon D7000.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,523 Views)

I am sorry, but in the dllis only this one funktion exported. We can't do anything about that.

Best Regards

Gregor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,517 Views)

Thanks for trying, but is there no way? The dll must have other functions (referring to the manual)! The problem is, that Labview does not recognize them.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,515 Views)

I dont know the manual, but LabVIEW shows all functions that were exported. If Nikon did not export more funktions we cant see them.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,510 Views)

Hay, 

I'm also intersting to make an open source library of VI to take picture with a nikon camera.

I found this C# wrapper

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nikoncswrapper/

Maybe it could be possible to call the wrapper from labview and use the functions inside ...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,469 Views)

Hi Benoit,

I also found this Wrapper. The Nikon SDK is - uhhm let´s say - suboptimal Smiley Wink

With this C# Wrapper the SDK lib's are useful.

I have tried to make the Wrapper work with LabView but I failed. Now I decided to create my program with C#.

If you are able to make the Wrapper work with LabView I would be glad if you post your experience.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,462 Views)