LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getmostrecentimage fonction

I am trying to use the getmostrecentimage16 function but this function always gives me a single numerical value as output. how can we useit? or how we can find a function that gives a table as output? can you help me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,765 Views)

Hi Gary971,

I've searched all over the internet but I cannot find any trace of this VI "Get Most Recent Image16.vi". Where did you find it please ? I'll need to have some documentation in order to help you.

Have a nice day.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,724 Views)

If you are going to use Third Party Code and you want us to help you with it, you should at least identify the Code.  Are you using the Andor Software Development Kit for their range of CCD Cameras?  [That would be very useful information to give us].

Let's assume that you are.  Look at the calling pattern for this Function (calling C/C++ from LabVIEW, never a favorite activity of mine).  From their manual,

unsigned int WINAPI GetMostRecentImage16(WORD* arr, unsigned long size)

Description 16-bit version of the GetMostRecentImage function.

Parameters WORD* arr: pointer to data storage allocated by the user.

unsigned long size: total number of pixels.

From your code, it appears that you called it with two integers.  If you wired a LabVIEW function expecting a pointer to an Array with an Integer, you'd get a broken Arrow.  Too bad you aren't programming this application with LabVIEW's not-so-bad IMAQ and IMAQdx functions.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,698 Views)