cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get time stamp from waveform data

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

i am trying to pull out the time stamp from the waveform data if this is possible. I am trying to write it to file, but the express vi doesnt allow for fractional seconds and when i write the waveform data to a string for use with write to spreadsheet, the time data is lost. 

any suggestions?

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,397 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wolleee
Use the Get Waveform Components. What express VI? The Write to Measurement File does write fractional seconds.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,394 Views)

Thank you Dennis, I figured it out like right after i posted.  Another question though.  So im using a producer consumer loop and gathering data at 1000 samples per channel.  Im trying to write this data to a file with a time stamp, but in the consumer loop when i get the time stamp from the waveform and rebuild the array, i only get one time stamp per 1000 samples.

Any ideas how to fix this?  I can post code if necessary.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,384 Views)

Make sure you are using a double to express fractional values.  An INT would return values like what you are seeing.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,379 Views)
There is only a single timestamp in a waveform t0. There is also dt. You can calculate a timestamp for each element if that is what you are asking.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,375 Views)
There is only a single timestamp in a waveform t0. There is also dt. You can calculate a timestamp for each element if that is what you are asking.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,373 Views)

That sounds like what i am looking for. 

Thank you Dennis.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,362 Views)