From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generating clock using mydaq

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone!

I just would like to ask a very BASIC question. I know some of you may find this easy.

Again, I am new in LabVIEW and I'm trying to use NI myDAQ as a data acquisition device. In the application I am trying to do, I need to get a pulse generating signal from myDAQ and use it as input to my multiplexer. I've been searching for the posts and i think none were asking this kind of simple question.

If there is any solution for this, please link it to me. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Regards,

Falsehope

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,430 Views)
How many digital lines does your mux require? I believe the myDAQ uses software timed digital I/O so you just write the pattern one by one.

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/11508/en/

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/11422/en/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,420 Views)

well sir, the multiplexer just need a Continous ON-OFF pulse so that it will switch from time to time depending on the frequency I will use.

So basically, I only need a basic clock output (about100kHz or lesser) from the myDAQ and the ON-OFF pulses will trigger the multiplexing capability of my device.

I need it to run in labview also. In such a way that the myDAQ is producing clock for the hardware and clock for the labVIEW.

But for now, my main concern is how do i prompt the myDAQ to produce clock pulses using LabVIEW softeare.

Thank you so much sir

Falsehope

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,405 Views)

The myDAQ has a single counter on it.  You can configure the counter to output a frequency.  According to the specification, the Frequency Output will come out of DIO 4.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,354 Views)
May i see a sample code of it?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,341 Views)

@FalseHope wrote:
May i see a sample code of it?

Look in the Example Finder (Help->Find Examples).  There should be something in there about a DAQmx counter.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,333 Views)

I'm afraid sir that I cannot do that. I am only using the Laboratory Computer of the School and it removed the examples folder of the LabVIEW (Maybe to prevent students from accessing the examples during hands-on exams). So yeah.. I'm a student with limited access to LabVIEW.

But I talked to the IT department of our school and it allowed me to download the examples instead. However, I cannot find available codes.

Regards,

Falsehope

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,321 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author FalseHope

@FalseHope wrote:

I'm afraid sir that I cannot do that. I am only using the Laboratory Computer of the School and it removed the examples folder of the LabVIEW (Maybe to prevent students from accessing the examples during hands-on exams). So yeah.. I'm a student with limited access to LabVIEW.

But I talked to the IT department of our school and it allowed me to download the examples instead. However, I cannot find available codes.

Regards,

Falsehope

IMHO this is a dumb thing, a good teacher can easily create exercises and exam tasks to "measure" the real knowledge of the students, even if they use the built-in LabVIEW examples. A school should help during the learning curve, and not by disabling built-in examples, but by giving creative tasks...

I have attached an example VI, which will generate a 1 kHz counter output through DIO-3 and DGND. (I tested with a myDAQ device, it works)

Message 8 of 9
(5,296 Views)

THANK YOU SO MUCH SIR.

Dumb? TOTALLY DUMB. I'm telling you.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,256 Views)