cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generating clock using mydaq

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone!

I just would like to ask a very BASIC question. I know some of you may find this easy.

Again, I am new in LabVIEW and I'm trying to use NI myDAQ as a data acquisition device. In the application I am trying to do, I need to get a pulse generating signal from myDAQ and use it as input to my multiplexer. I've been searching for the posts and i think none were asking this kind of simple question.

If there is any solution for this, please link it to me. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Regards,

Falsehope

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,448 Views)
How many digital lines does your mux require? I believe the myDAQ uses software timed digital I/O so you just write the pattern one by one.

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/11508/en/

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/11422/en/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,438 Views)

well sir, the multiplexer just need a Continous ON-OFF pulse so that it will switch from time to time depending on the frequency I will use.

So basically, I only need a basic clock output (about100kHz or lesser) from the myDAQ and the ON-OFF pulses will trigger the multiplexing capability of my device.

I need it to run in labview also. In such a way that the myDAQ is producing clock for the hardware and clock for the labVIEW.

But for now, my main concern is how do i prompt the myDAQ to produce clock pulses using LabVIEW softeare.

Thank you so much sir

Falsehope

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,423 Views)

The myDAQ has a single counter on it.  You can configure the counter to output a frequency.  According to the specification, the Frequency Output will come out of DIO 4.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,372 Views)
May i see a sample code of it?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,359 Views)

@FalseHope wrote:
May i see a sample code of it?

Look in the Example Finder (Help->Find Examples).  There should be something in there about a DAQmx counter.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,351 Views)

I'm afraid sir that I cannot do that. I am only using the Laboratory Computer of the School and it removed the examples folder of the LabVIEW (Maybe to prevent students from accessing the examples during hands-on exams). So yeah.. I'm a student with limited access to LabVIEW.

But I talked to the IT department of our school and it allowed me to download the examples instead. However, I cannot find available codes.

Regards,

Falsehope

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,339 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author FalseHope

@FalseHope wrote:

I'm afraid sir that I cannot do that. I am only using the Laboratory Computer of the School and it removed the examples folder of the LabVIEW (Maybe to prevent students from accessing the examples during hands-on exams). So yeah.. I'm a student with limited access to LabVIEW.

But I talked to the IT department of our school and it allowed me to download the examples instead. However, I cannot find available codes.

Regards,

Falsehope

IMHO this is a dumb thing, a good teacher can easily create exercises and exam tasks to "measure" the real knowledge of the students, even if they use the built-in LabVIEW examples. A school should help during the learning curve, and not by disabling built-in examples, but by giving creative tasks...

I have attached an example VI, which will generate a 1 kHz counter output through DIO-3 and DGND. (I tested with a myDAQ device, it works)

Message 8 of 9
(5,314 Views)

THANK YOU SO MUCH SIR.

Dumb? TOTALLY DUMB. I'm telling you.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,274 Views)