From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generating a digital clock signal in labview for the NI 9403

Hello, I am working on a school project which requires the use of Labveiw which I am not very familiar with. Right now I need to create a digital clock singal which i can output using the NI 9403. The 9403 does not have any timing so I would need a software based clock. New hardware is not an option for me and I hope someone can help me with this step.

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,196 Views)

Hi yamifalco,

the NI9403 is just a cRIO module. What kind of chassis do you use with it?

Depending on the chassis you could use either DAQmx functions or you have to use LabVIEW RT.

You should also note some more specifications of your "clock signal": pulse rate/frequency is the most important one…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 6
(3,178 Views)

I am using the NI 9181 chasis and at this point, the frequency and pulse rate i dont think matter yet. They will once i have a signal. Right now I would just like to start off being able to create a continuous signal of alternating zero's and ones, which to my understanding is a clock signal.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,139 Views)

I've also had trouble using the daq assist for continuous signals because i believe this is what i will need my clock for.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,137 Views)

Have you tried looking in the Help->Find Examples to find an example already built to do something like this?

Check the Hardware Input and Output->DAQmx->Digital Output folder.  I'm pretty sure there's some continuous examples in there.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,114 Views)
There are some but the only one that works for my hardware is not
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,106 Views)