LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generate torque signal

I have programmed VI to generate an analog signal(voltage), Now i have to generate a torque signal.

I'm using NI PCIe-6353..can anyone tel me how to do this ?..  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,472 Views)

torque is the tendency of a force to rotate an object about an axis.

Using a PCIe-6353 ... I can think about some mechanical setups 😄 

SCNR

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,467 Views)

I use MTS 458 Controller..

In brief My system setup is like this my software(i.e, Labview program) will be interacting with MTS 407(this drives the Actuator) via DAQ NIPCIe-6353 card..

till now i have been generating voltage signal..now i need to send torque signal, i'm not much aware of this,whethe i need to have some voltage to torque conversion or labview has the torque kind of signal..to move  further on my application i Just wanted to know these things..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,444 Views)

I don't think there even exists something like a "torque signal", correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, if you want to send a signal which pretends to be torque. You'll need to create your own transfer function.

This function will be different with different sensors, or in your case an actuator.

You'll need to check the manufacturers manual for this function, or create it yourself by trial and error.

---

UnCertified LabVIEW Student
Mistakes are for learning, that's why suggestions are always welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,425 Views)

Thanks A lot Koen,

that means 0 to 10 V voltage signal cannot be used or converted to torque to send itto my controller..

transfer function is the way to do this right

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,416 Views)

Are you producing the 0 to 10V or are you measuring this?

If you are measuring it:

Build a transfer function for it using Expression node, then you can use this torque in program

Mostly the transfer function is the manual of the sensor.

If you are producing it:

You'll also have to build a transfer function but just before you send it. 

The once you are producing mostly have to be made by a bit of trial and error.

EDIT: I added one function i use for the torque sensor, and one for output. Just to give you an idea

---

UnCertified LabVIEW Student
Mistakes are for learning, that's why suggestions are always welcome!
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,410 Views)

Thanks for ur info

I'm Generating a signal (0 to 10V Ful load torque) to the MTS Controller through the DAQ card (NI PCIe-6353)..

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,403 Views)