From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gen voltage update.vi: can only run it once?

Hello, 

I have a problem running the Gen Voltage Update.vi example. I am sure it is something stupid, but I can't figure out what. 

I am trying to get my pci-6071e card to trigger an external device (a Master 8 stimulator). This trigger will eventually become the main start experiment trigger as part of a larger vi, but for now I am just checking if I can get the lights on the Master8 to switch on by sending a signal from Labview. 

I tried to use the Gen Voltage Update.vi example to send a 5V pulse. I use an SCB100 and connected the signal to pin 20 (AO 0) and 23 (AO GND). When I pressed the run button on this vi, everything worked as it should: the M8 lit up and there where no error messages. Happy with the results, I tried to do it again, but this time the Master8 did nothing. I still got no errors from Labview. I restarted the PC, and tried again: after the first time running the trigger worked, but not when I tried another few times. 

I used to use the counters to trigger the Master8, but I need both of them to control data acquisition this time. 

Any ideas of what is going on, or alternate strategies would be much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,289 Views)

Obviously, after you run the VI, the DAQ output is fixed and you would have to change the output back to 0 if you are trying to trigger something. You aren't under the impression that the DAQ output automatically returns to 0 are you?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,276 Views)