LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

function palette off screen

My function palette was moved on to a secondary monitor. I no longer have that monitor and cannot see the functions palette. I've gone in to the labview.ini file (in the Program Files/National Instruments/Labview 2011 directory)  but cannot find an entry that sets the function palette position. I did see in another post  that there was supposed to be such an entry for the tool palette, but can't find that either) How can I get the function palette back on screen?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,440 Views)

Off-hand I'm not sure, but in the interim you can just right-click on the BD and pin the resulting palette.  I think the old one will still be off screen, but at least you'll have something to work with.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,431 Views)

Have you tried shutting off the secondary monitor in your video settings?  That should force everything back to the primary.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,427 Views)

Close LabVIEW

Open LabVIEW.ini

Find this Line

saveFloaterLocations=True

Delete that line in your .ini, save the file, then relaunch LabVIEW.  All better?

@Niquist- Oh Absolutely that is a true statement! unfortunately "Should" isn't "Does"  (I'm pretty sure there is a CAR about that):smileywink:

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 4
(3,421 Views)