From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

function of attribute node "palette type - grayscale"

Hello,

i wanted to ask you, what the function of this attribute node "palette type" (grayscale) is?

It is included in (almost) every VI, created in Vision Assistant.

Unbenannt.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,754 Views)

Please crop your embedded image next time. There is no need to include 1M white pixels!

How old is your LabVIEW version? I think it was in the last century when property nodes were still called attribute nodes.

What happens if you right-click the node and select "help for palette type" or similar?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,744 Views)

The function is the mapping of pixel value to "color" on the Imaq display.  Gray scale will map your 8-bit image to 256 shades of gray, and RGB or HSL to colors.  Other settings are binary, temperature or gradiant which use a different color to value mapping.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,738 Views)

So, it doesnt change image information? Is it only a setting how (in which colors) to display the image information in the frontpanel?

When I process an rgb image in an VI, this node has no impacts on the processing?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,732 Views)

It's a property of the indicator. It cannot change the incoming Data.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,729 Views)

I dont see any difference in an displayed rgb image, when I change from grayscale to rainbow or something else. And I see also no difference in displaying when I erase the node..

So I dont understand this.

Sorry for the big image.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,728 Views)

thanks a lot!

Also for correcting me.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,727 Views)

I would think it only applies to palettes images. If you have an RGB image, palette settings have no meaning.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,724 Views)

Yes palettes only are really useful for 8bit (or 16bit I guess) scaling in imaq displays.  Color images are already color mapped to RGB

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,718 Views)