From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

function generator labview daq

I'm a graduate student, but I'm new to Labview. I'm assigned a task to use labview and DAQ PCI 6133 to do a project. I need to control all the equipments, like function generator, micropositioner to work together through Labview. I downloaded the drivers for both devices online and wrote a simple vi to collect the data through board. However I don't know how to connect them together to make the function generator and micropositioner work continuously and collect the data at the same time.

For example, I want the function generator generates a signal of 200mV, but after 10 seconds it changes to 400mV, how to write that? Similarly, I want the micropositioner to move continuously, not by clicking every time I want it to move on the front pannel, how can I do that? I opened the block diagram of the driver I downloaded, found it looks very complex. How can I add things on it to make it continuously?

Besides, I want them to work at the same time, how can I put all these together? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,484 Views)

Hi,

It is unclear what you are already capable of doing.  Could you post your LabVIEW code?

Also, here is a link for some help with LabVIEW programming.

http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/labviewbasics/

Jeff S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,456 Views)

Hi, WG23.

First, You've got PCI 6133, right?

What are those two more devices You talking about saying " I downloaded the drivers for both devices online"? Function generator and micropositioner?

And second, as Jeff mentioned, it would be nice to post the code You've alredy written - this would help alot maybe.

Regards!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,447 Views)