From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

front panel pause button

Solved!
Go to solution

@NormPgh wrote:

I thought about adding my own 'pause' buttton/control, but my users have become acustomed to hitting the pause button on the front panel, and it will be difficult to get them to change.  I guess the error would remind them 🙂

Remember what I was saying about a process problem? Smiley Wink

You can turn off that toolbar in the vi properties. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(236 Views)

@NormPgh wrote:

This approach should work just fine, assuming I can figure out how to remove the toolbar when the code is running.

VI Properties -> Window Appearance -> Customize.  Uncheck "Show Toolbar When Running" (or just set it to be a top-level application window).

NormPgh wrote:

Out of curiosity, would it also be reasobale to use an event handler to stop the acquisition when the user presses my new 'pause' control, and start the acquisition again when they resume?

This could work too, but if the event loop is separate from the acquisition loop (which would be a normal architecture) then you'll need to do some message passing between the loops.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(227 Views)

Thanks again to both of you. It has been tremendously helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(223 Views)