LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

front panel breaks on file io change

I'm working on a pump controls application in labview. The software uses inputs from various serial ports to make an input. 

The problem I'm having is on start the application loads a calibration document (that translates the user's requested flow speeds into a frequncey to be fed to the pumps Variable frequency drive). Now the program works flawlessly fairly (despite flaws in my code), the problem I'm having is after ~3 months of operation I rewrote the calibration document to the same format (the program has no problem loading the document, nor reading its information). 

Yet several front panel objects (switches) no longer function. Now I've been working in labview since 2009, so the problem confuses me greatly because I'm not using custom front panel objects and the majority of functionality remains intact.

Attached is the VI, and its dependency 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,904 Views)

I think I may have found the problem.

The re-wrote calibration document doesn't have a zero state (stop). And the loop that scans the calibration document (in memory) doesn't have a clause for a zero (stop) request so I added one. Will make this as a solution if this is correct. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,897 Views)