LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frequency to voltage

Hello,

i am new user for Labview. Could you please tell me , Is there any possibility to convert frequency to voltage

Thanks

kjd

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,967 Views)

This isn't actually a LabVIEW question, but a hardware question.  What is it you are actually trying to do?  Once you tell us that, we can guide you as to the kind of hardware you'd need, then guide you on how to control that hardware with LabVIEW,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,951 Views)

Frequency to voltage?  I have no idea what that means.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,934 Views)

Oh, this is a hardware question.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,932 Views)

hello,

Sorry for the inappropriate question

Acutally i want to control a motor using the frequency which i got from Labview.

I want to stop the machine when the frequency is higher.

So I planned to have a Relay NC to stop the machine.

And i think Relay will work with voltage( correct me if i am wrong, i am not good in electronics).

Because of this, i asked this question to convert the frequency which i got from Labview and convert it as voltage and give as a input to relay.

Please let me know whether it will work.

Thanks

kjd27

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,898 Views)

@kjd27 wrote:

hello,

Sorry for the inappropriate question

Acutally i want to control a motor using the frequency which i got from Labview.

I want to stop the machine when the frequency is higher.

So I planned to have a Relay NC to stop the machine.

And i think Relay will work with voltage( correct me if i am wrong, i am not good in electronics).

Because of this, i asked this question to convert the frequency which i got from Labview and convert it as voltage and give as a input to relay.

Please let me know whether it will work.

Thanks

kjd27

I think you need to think this through a little more.  LabVIEW is a programming language.  What you call "frequency" and "voltage" are just labels for numbers stored in computer memory.  They represent the values of those characteristics that the equipment measured at the time the measurement took place.

Or am I to assume that these numbers will driving some kind of output device?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,888 Views)
Hello

Ya this will be connected to a relay NC and then to machine motor So I wanna to take the digital output from lab view and connect to relay .. Will it work ??

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,869 Views)
Yes, as was answered in your duplicate post. The digital output is not connected to the NC contact. It is connected to one side of the coil through a driver. Buy a ULN200x for an off-the-shelf driver.

It sounds like you are just doing a comparison of the expected frequency. That results in a true/false result.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,863 Views)