From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frequency sweeps using HP33120A

Hi,

i am new to Labview 

I am trying to set up a frequency sweep in LabVIEW by programming a HP33120A Function Generator.with device Driver have i implemented Sweep with same Step in my posted Code,now i want to improve Sweep function durch varied step in different frequency range,for example,from 10 Hz to 1000Hz :10Hz to100Hz with 10Hz step sweep, from 100Hz to 1000Hz with 100Hz step sweep.  Would appreciate if someone who has worked on it suggest a method appropriately. Thanks!

note:Labview 2009 SP1

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,390 Views)

It seems overly complicated to me, especially with that silly sequence structure. All that you have to do is use the Ramp Pattern to create an array of frequencies. Use two of them with different a different delta and combine the arrays. Pass the combined array to a for loop with the function to set the frequency and let the magic of autoindexing do its thing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,376 Views)

Why don't you use the frequency sweep commands of the 33120A? You just have to specify the frequency start, stop and sweep time.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,365 Views)

@ben64 wrote:

Why don't you use the frequency sweep commands of the 33120A? You just have to specify the frequency start, stop and sweep time.

Ben64

i want to record every Sweep point as output ,and write them in a txt-file. frequency sweep command have no every sweep Frequency output

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,360 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:

It seems overly complicated to me, especially with that silly sequence structure. All that you have to do is use the Ramp Pattern to create an array of frequencies. Use two of them with different a different delta and combine the arrays. Pass the combined array to a for loop with the function to set the frequency and let the magic of autoindexing do its thing.

thanks for your suggestion,i try it later

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,357 Views)