From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frequency measurement using USB 6008 DAQ

Hello there,
I am interested in finding out a better way to measure a frequency of a digital signal using USB 6008. Curently, i am using http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/513

and it seems that its not sensitive engough to detect small changes.

Has anyone  tried a similar measurement. Many thanks and i look froward to your reply with suggestions.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,606 Views)
Have you tried to do an analog acquisition and using the Extract Single Tone function?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,589 Views)
Kindly, see  http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=40&message.id=6233&jump=true and comment on the attached documents. Need your professional advice on this....

PS: Attached is also the manual which describes about counters in chapter 9

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,540 Views)
I don't know what you want me to comment on. The ring controls allow you to set the measurement method and the edge of the input signal to start counting on. Do you want to know the difference between the different methods or want to know the difference between rising edge and falling edge?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,529 Views)

Hi Dennis, I am interesetd in finding out how are the numerical values assigned ? Like for rising time, falling time ( as shown in the attached images ).

Kindly, let me know what is the process of calculating these values. Many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,519 Views)
The values for the ring control have nothing at all to do with a value for a rising or falling time. They are the assigned numeric codes passed of the DAQmx driver to tell it to perform the task. When you use a ring control, what gets passed is the numeric and not the text. Other numeric codes will tell the DAQmx driver to perform something else entirely. If you are curious about the codes, you should look at the NIDAQmx.h file.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,514 Views)

Hi..

Here my aim to measure the motor speed in RPM using optical proxmity sensor..here im using Ni-USB 6009.Please help me how to measure it.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,364 Views)

Hi saitej,

please stick with your own thread!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,358 Views)