From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

freq and speed

Hey guys, 

I would like to first thank everyone that has helped me with this. I have been on here for about 5 days with questions and everyone has helped me. I am new to this, I had never programmed in labview before. So thanks again.. My question I have now is changing the data acquisition names like the first one in the freq & measure is AI voltage I want that to be CI frequency. I thought it would be a simply switch but I am not able to figure out how to change it. Same thing as the next one I want to make it implicit. Then my final question is I need data aquistion to take the in data from the read data acquisiton block. So it would take in the data, along with the users pulse per rev. an output the speed along with an error out. I hope this makes sense if not I can explain better.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,493 Views)

This is a way you can measure your frequency.

Measure.png

But you really have to explain the speedObtained.vi because I really don't get what you are trying to do.

---

UnCertified LabVIEW Student
Mistakes are for learning, that's why suggestions are always welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,447 Views)
Basically my objective was to have the user input that would generate a pulse train to change the speed. Along with counting the pulses from the encoder.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,414 Views)

You mean you want to regulate the system. So you can control the speed depending on the input signal.

Have a look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller.

---

UnCertified LabVIEW Student
Mistakes are for learning, that's why suggestions are always welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,404 Views)