cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fpga

Solved!
Go to solution

Bonjour, 

Je souhaite ouvrir un VI FPGA existant permettant une acquisition de mes retours codeur sur mon FPGA. Pour ouvrir ce VI et le compiler, il me manque :

- niFpgaPID.xnode

- PID Multi-Channel PID Frame 0.vi

- PID Multi-Channel PID Frame 1.vi

- PID Multi-Channel PID Frame 2.vi

Savez-vous ou puis-je trouver ces fichier ? si ce sont des fichiers de base, si il faut que j'installe un biblioteque ou si quelqu'un les possède ?

D'avance merci pour vos réponses.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,376 Views)

Hi, 

I want to open a VI for control motors with a FPGA. For open this file, and build the VI, I need these files : 

- niFpgaPID.xnode

- PID Multi-Channel PID Fram 0.vi

- PID Multi-Channel PID Fram 1.vi

- PID Multi-Channel PID Fram 2.vi

If someone know where I can find these file, if I need a library or if I can find it on the net... 

Thanks,

Renaud

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,354 Views)

Where did you get the project from?  If the VIs are built by them, that's the best place to get their VIs.

I don't believe those are part of the FPGA Module.  But, you do have the module.  Correct?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,346 Views)

I got this project by colleagues who worked on it a few years ago but I'm a student so all the first team is gone.

Yes, I have the FPGA Module.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,338 Views)

It sounds like these were built by the team.  Do any of your colleagues still have contact with the former team members?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,329 Views)

Okay thanks, I will try this way, but can they built a file .xnode ?

I never heard about xnode files  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,327 Views)

My files is attached, if you can open it, maybe you have the files niFpgaPID.xnode somewhere on your hard drive... 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,315 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author renaud02

Renaud,

I did a quick search and found niFPGAPID.xnode at C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\vi.lib\addons\control\pid\fpga.llb\XNode and I found the frames at C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\vi.lib\addons\control\pid\fpga.llb (I'm guessing Fram was just a typo?).

To be honest I don't know really know what Xnodes are, they seem to be used a lot in the background of RT and FPGA code, but I would be interested to know a bit more if someone would be willing to explain.  You can create an Xnode yourself but it's not really supported.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,292 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author renaud02

Based on those directories, it sounds like they're part of the FPGA Module.  If that's the case, make sure you actually have the FPGA Module installed.  You can find this either in License Manager by expanding the tree for the version of LabVIEW you're using and checking modules or MAX by expanding the Software tree.

You'll also want to avoid trying to open any FPGA VIs on their own.  If you're working with FPGA, you should ALWAYS be in a project.  Really, you should get into this habit with non-FPGA applications as well.  But, it's especially important with FPGA programming.

If you see the FPGA Module listed in License Manager, is the box next to it green?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,270 Views)

Thanks for your answers, I try in an other old computer with labview 2012 and I can build my VI.

I worked in a project and the box next to FPGA module is green.

The file was probably create on labview 2012 and my computer with 2013 haven't got the same configuration.

I can work on the old PC, 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,263 Views)