From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fpga

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using NI 5791 Transceiever for real time signal transmission and reception. I generated some signals in NI 7975 FPGA and i wnat to transmit that signal & want to receive the same signal which i transmitted. I am new to NI 5791 & im not even getting example projects in NI examples also.. If anybody know how to programme NI 5791 please help me out..

Thank you..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,124 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mahesh0459

Hi!

Oddly enough, the NI 5791 examples are not located in the example finder, to create a 5791 sample project, you do so through the Create Project dialog on the LabVIEW splash screen as shown below.

ef.png

579x.png

Let me know if this helps!

Rob B
FlexRIO Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,093 Views)

Thank you sir

I followed above steps and got 5791 streaming & its documentation..

In that 2 host vi's one is for Tx & other is for Rx and one fpga vi is present. I want to test styreaming example on hardware. At a time i can run only 1 Host vi bitfile. But after Tx only we can use Rx vi so how to verify it..

That  example is quite complex but i understood concept.

I have genereted some wavefoms on FPGA and i have to Tx out using Tx port  and again Rx same thing via Rx port.  Is there any easy method. I have done upconversion (130MS/s) & Down conversion (40MS/s) on FPGA itself. So i have to use i/o  nodes of FPGA. I want to test  sine wave then after i can test anyother.

Thanking you,

Mahesh kumar

Application Engineer,

Encore Techno Systems

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,038 Views)

Mahesh,

Are you looking to perform a loopback test where you transmit and receive at the same time? If so, you should be able to run the Tx and Rx VIs at the same time, as long as they reference the same bitfile. 

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371599K-01/lvfpgahosthelp/fpga_opening_vi_reference/

If you've tried that already, is that giving you an error?

Rob B
FlexRIO Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,983 Views)

No sir I haven't done it yet. But before i want to check this streaming example on hardware where it contains 2 seperate bitfiles for Rx & Tx. How can i test this example. The second one is I am generating a sine wave on FPGA and Tx using 5791 & Rx the same & displaying on Host. So im generating Sine wave & processing &Tx and receiving on FPGA displaying on Host. Through Host im giving only controls & indicators. Below im attaching my picture wt actually i want to do.. 

Thank you,

Mahesh

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,958 Views)

@Mahesh0459 wrote:

No sir I haven't done it yet. But before i want to check this streaming example on hardware where it contains 2 seperate bitfiles for Rx & Tx. How can i test this example.

Since you have two bit files, you need to either recommpile an FPGA bit file using the code base from both examples or use two different cards (one for the TX bit file and one for the RX).  You can't have 2 bit files loaded into the same FPGA.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 8
(3,941 Views)

I just modify the streaming code by placing my Target scoped fifo instead of host to target fifo. Now im generating sine wave in another SCTL with 40Mhz and using target scoped fifo it is read in Tranceiver SCTL.I tried to compile but im getting CLIP implementation file missing error.I searched that file but none stareaming example had it nor in examples. 

Is it a library file?? Do we have to generate by some how??  How to compile my code???

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,908 Views)

Is 5781 example gives an idea how to programme 5791???

or it has its own programme technique???

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,813 Views)