cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fpga compile worker configured incorrectly

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have recently upgraded my software using the Spring 2014 CDs. I have NI LabVIEW 2013 Professional Developmnt System. Now all the project VIs,  I used to compile successfully are giving communication error. It says that Compile Worker is configured incorrectly. How can I configure it correctly? I am a new LabVIEW FPGA user.  I am enclosing relevant screenshots of a project I am doing as an exercise. Can somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong and how can I correct this problem. I will be grateful.

Thanks and Regards,

Kamal

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,454 Views)

You are using the PXI-7954R.  According to this document, you need to install the Xilinx Compile Tools 10.1 for LabVIEW 2013.  That should be in the Additional FGPA Tools disc, which has a tendency of not being shipped (at least to me).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,422 Views)

Crossrulz, that document you linked to tells you what the minimum version of the compile tools are. In LV 2013 you would want to use compile tools 14.4 with that target. 

Kathar, go to directory "C:\NIFPGA\programs" and verify that you see a folder named Xilinx14_4. If you don't that means you don't have the correct version of the compile tools installed and you need to download and install them.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,406 Views)

Hi David-A

I have two folders in C:\NIFPGA\programs directory as shown in the attachment i.e. Xilinx10_1 and Xilinx14_4. I am not sure which one is being used for compilation. Should I delete the folder Xilinx10_1. Will it solve the problem or do I need to do something else? Thanks

Crossrulz, thank you for your help. I am still working on solving the problem.

Regards,

Kamal

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,395 Views)

Hi David_A and Crossrulz

I have looked again at the attachment project.docx in my first post. I noticed that I got the error while using Xilinx14_4 Compilation tools.Now I am thoroughly confused. Can you please tell me how can I switch between Xilinx14_4 and Xilinx10_1 tools, so that I try both of them once more to see which one is suitable for PXI-7954R in LV2013. Thanks.

Regards,

Kamal

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,393 Views)

LabVIEW FPGA will automatically select the correct compile tool depending on which type of FPGA target based on which FPGA target you are compiling against. It sounds like you have the correct version of the tool installed, so that's not it.

Try repairing the software that is a part of the compile toolchain: NI LabVIEW FPGA Module, NI LabVIEW FPGA XIlinx 14.4 Tools, NI FPGA Compile Farm, and NI Farm Server.

If repairing those four components still doesn't fix it you'll want to open a service request

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,366 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kathar

I have installed the software patch issued by NI for Xilinx 14.4 compilation tools and after installation of this patch I am not experiencing any difficulty in compiling the VIs. I am grateful to everybody who offered their help in solving this problem. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Kathar

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,260 Views)