From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fpga - Running same VI on two separate targets under the same project

I have a LabVIEW FPGA project running LabVIEW FPGA 2013. I want to run the same VI on two separate FPGA targets from the same host computer. The current setup is with one CRIO 9073 and one CRIO 9082. The XLINX settings are the same for each. I can do it currently, but I have to have the VI running on one FPGA target  while it finishes compiling on the other. Is there a better way to do this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,268 Views)

Do you need interactive mode?

If not, create two different bitfiles and then run them completely independently.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,259 Views)

I do need to be able to manipulate front panel elements on each FPGA, so I think I need interactive mode. It's okay if the two VIs are independent, however.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,245 Views)

Well then the easiest mode is perhaps making a copy of the VI for the second target and compiling both independently of each other.

You can also go the bitfile route and start both bitfiles on the targets from the host (linking the "Open FPGA reference" to the bitfile).  You can then use a simple event structure to write to and read the FP controls and indicators.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,230 Views)