From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fpga: Failed to load shared library lvSimController.dll?

Hello,

I have LabView 2013 running and I'm trying to run some FGPA code I just wrote for an sbRIO9602 board. When I run the real-time interface I get a runtime error as follows:

Deploying niFpgaDEN_ReportRuntimeError.vi (9.91 K)
Deploying niFpgaDEN_RunSimOnFirstCall.viniFpgaDEN_RunSimOnFirstCall.vi loaded with errors on the target and was closed.
LabVIEW:  Failed to load shared library lvSimController.dll:IsFpgaRunning:C. Ensure that the library is present on the RT target. Use either MAX to install NI software or FTP to transfer custom libraries to the RT target.
Deploying RT Single-Board RIO Container
Deployment completed with errors

I think I'm missing a module. Doesn't anyone know which one I might be missing? I just installed NI-RIO and the real time module. The FPGA Xilinx package is installed as well.

Thanks

Jovan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,853 Views)

Good day Jovan,

Have you seen this knowledge bases: 2HGDNOT4 & 2Z6DLUEW?

They describe the problem that you are having and propose a way to fix it. Also, the FPGA module is not involved at all. If formatting and reinstalling software doesn’t work try the FTP ini file procedure comments on the second article to disable the offending dll.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,814 Views)