LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fpga 63034 error

I'm getting this error when I try to run an FPGA program that has a target to host FIFO apart of it. It says unknown error and I can't find a topic online with this error explained. I've run the program before successfully but for some reason it is giving me errors now.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,539 Views)

Hey apashl01,

Has anything changed in your hardware setup or LabVIEW project since the error started occuring? Can you connect to your cRIO in your project before you attempt to deploy your code? Have you upgraded your NI-RIO driver on your PC recently, but not upgraded it on your cRIO through MAX?

The more details that you can share, the quicker I'll be able to help you resolve this.

Best regards,

Ryan

Ryan P.
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,487 Views)
Hey Ryan! Thanks for the response, I was going to try to respond back to the thread that I got the error to stop occurring. Apparently the FIFO didnt like me sending SGL data representation to it? When I switched to fixed point it started working. I'm not sure why considering the FIFO has a SGL setting
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,482 Views)

Hey apashl01,

FPGA's cannot natively handle floating-point numbers like they can handle fixed-point values. It's possible that the way you were using the FIFO resulted in behavior that the FPGA could not handle with the floating-point value.

Regards,

Ryan

Ryan P.
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,465 Views)

Hi ApashI01,

I do want to clarify that LabVIEW FPGA does support floating-point numbers (SGL) in LabVIEW 2012 and later. Using the SGL data-type with DMA FIFOs is absolutely expected to work outside of Single-Cyle timed loops. Could you please post a sample project that reproduces this on your end? I'd like to do some investigation to get to the bottom of this seemingly erronious error message! Also, I'm curious to know what version of LabVIEW, and which version of the NI-RIO driver are you using?

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,453 Views)

Just FYI: Here's a very simple test to validate that both Target->Host and Host->Target DMA works for the SGL data-type.

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,444 Views)