LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

four counters in two NI 9401s - one doesn't measure

Hi,

I have two NI 9401 in NI-cDAQ-9174 and I connected two incremental displacement transducers in each NI 9401. In "Measurement & Automation" there is no problem with the transducers. I create a VI in LabView for three incremental displacement transducers (three linear counters) and they all measure with no problem but when I create a VI for four counters, one of the transducers doesn't measure. So I stop my VI, start it again and another transducer doesn't measure while the previous transducer (which didn't measure before) operates with no problem now.

So my problem is: "Each time, I start the VI, one of the transducers doesn't measure" Smiley Sad  Did anybody ever had the same or similar problem? Or don't you know how to solve my problem?

Thanks very much for your reply

Loobosh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,233 Views)

Please post your code so we can have a look.  There are lots of things which could be happening.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,227 Views)

hi,

thanx for your reply, but today I solved my problem succesfully. Smiley Happy

Loobosh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,211 Views)

Hi Loobosh,

I am glad you managed to solve your issues. We would love to hear what the solution was and any troubleshooting steps you took to find the solution!

This helps NI improve the products and services we all use, and especially helps all the other users that might have a similar problem.

Thank you,

Patricia

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,199 Views)

Hi,

two transducers were connected to different NI9401s but to pins with identical numbers. And that was the problem I think. I switched one transducer to another pair of pins and my problem was solved.

Loobosh 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,186 Views)