From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

formating 8187 controller from host PC

Hi,

If we format the controller (8187) from host PC . Does it formats everything including Ethernet driver and RT OS, LV RT, ? or there are some OS / drivers still reside after formatting the RT target.

Can I fresh install new drivers and RT version on this old controller or should we stick to use LV 7 and DAQmx 7 etc.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,081 Views)

@DMic wrote:

Hi,

If we format the controller (8187) from host PC . Does it formats everything including Ethernet driver and RT OS, LV RT, ? or there are some OS / drivers still reside after formatting the RT target.

Can I fresh install new drivers and RT version on this old controller or should we stick to use LV 7 and DAQmx 7 etc.

thanks

I'm not sure what you mean by "format the controller".  If you "format your PC", you generally mean "format the hard drive that contains the OS", in which case everything is gone and you start over.  [In the case of multiple mis-steps, including installations of multiple LabVIEWs, this is often the best "Step 1"].  If you "format the controller", you probably are formatting the hard drive on the Controller, leaving it completely blank, able to do nothing until you re-install everything.

I would strongly recommend against installing LabVIEW 7 on this (relatively modern) Controller (we have a bunch of 8176 controllers, complete with floppy drives, that used to run LabVIEW 7 RT).  You can do so much more with "modern LabVIEW" (and DAQmx is so much easier than Legacy DAQ), including making intelligent use of the multiple cores on the RT side.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,042 Views)