From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flushing element in queue

Solved!
Go to solution

That did it! Writing to a text file must be slow....producer loop was running well at about 200Hz, but the consumer was falling far behind. I was using Write Delimited Spreadsheet and removing that finally gave my chart (from dequeued data in a consumer loop) the "real-time" feel I needed.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(521 Views)

@GJT wrote:

That did it! Writing to a text file must be slow....producer loop was running well at about 200Hz, but the consumer was falling far behind. I was using Write Delimited Spreadsheet and removing that finally gave my chart (from dequeued data in a consumer loop) the "real-time" feel I needed.

The problem with using the Write Delimited Spreadsheet is that it constantly opens and closes the file.  That is REALLY slow.  If you opened the file before your consumer loop, close the file after the loop, and just used the Write Text File using whatever formatting you needed you might have been able to keep up.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 22 of 23
(507 Views)

Nailed it~ I moved away from the 'Write Delimited Spreadsheet VI' and used the open file>Write Text File (in the loop)>close file and was able to generate CSV files at high speed. Thanks crossrulz!

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(492 Views)