LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

float to bytes conversion using c code in labview

Solved!
Go to solution

sir i did the tast of float to bytes conversion using type cast in labview. now i also want that conversion using c code. means i want to know that how much labview can suport c code. farmula node is not suporting my code which is working wel in labwindows. kindly help me about that so that my skil can be improved using labview

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,130 Views)

Hi ranazee,

you should show us your "C code" so we can tell you why the formula node doesn't support it…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 7
(3,128 Views)

ist kindly tel me that every work that we can do in c that work can be done in farmula node?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,123 Views)

Hi ranazee,

all the features supported by the formula node are listed in the LabVIEW help. What else do you need?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,121 Views)

can the code of float to bytes conversion can run in framula node in university we tried but not succedded

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,108 Views)
A formula node is not supposed to support a LabWindows program. If you want to call C program, make a dll from it and use the Call Library Node function.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,093 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ranazeeshanali

The Formula Node as its name implies is for easy entry of algebraic formulas in text form and uses a C like syntax but is by no means a fully featured C parser/compiler. It only supports a subset of the C syntax for obvious reasons. Why would you need to implement fully fledged C code in a LabVIEW program since LabVIEW supports the same functions and in doing it with LabVIEW nodes you always will have better performance than you can get in the formula node.

If you have real C code you want to call in LabVIEW you don't use the formula node but create a DLL from it and call it through the Call Library Node.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 7 of 7
(3,068 Views)