cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flat sequence stops after the first frame

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using USB-6218 to drive a current source and read voltage across the shunt resistor in my circuit. In order to run things safely, I wanted to make sure that when I stop my 'voltage on demand' vi, I set the current to 0. For this, I tried using the Flat Sequence (find attached vi), but my program never leaves the first frame, even after hitting the stop button on my Front Panel.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks,
Katarina

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,896 Views)

In order to go to the second frame, both subVIs need to terminate. Are you stopping both? (It looks like they are not even configured to show the front panel, so how are you actually stopping them?)

Maybe you should handle the resetting to zero right inside the subVI after the while loop, for example.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,884 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kmartino

The value of Stop inside the subvi doesn't change and the loop is running continuously.

-Suggest you to check this example: http://www.ni.com/example/28769/en/

Thanks
uday
Message 3 of 4
(2,880 Views)

Your VI's inside the first frame will NEVER stop running, because when the VI starts it uses the input conditions that are set. 

Once those vi's are running VI's are running their internal loops they can not "see" anything that happens outside of their respective loop, like the stop buttons on your SequenceTest panel changeing states.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,857 Views)