LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

find value in infinity

Hello all,

it is long ago as I learned it in the school, that's why I ask here, hoping a quick solution.

I have a measurement waveform (see attachment), and I want to know the value of its function in infinity. I just want to record the beginning the signal, maybe 2 seconds. There must be a math function, which results the theoretically value after 1 hour (basically infinity).

Thanks in advance

Madottati

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,140 Views)

Hi Madottati,

you could use any of the interpolation functions. Then use the output of those functions to extrapolate an expected value i for large x values…

And don't use the word "infinity", when you talk about large values!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,122 Views)

Hi Gerd,

could you please create a small example for me. It must not be complicated, but with an example it would be much faster.

Thanks

Madottati

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,115 Views)

Hi Madottati,

LabVIEW comes with a lot of example VIs. The example finder also has examples on the search term "interpolation"…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,106 Views)

Hi,

Interpolation is not the problem, but finding the value in infinity. I haven't found any example for that.

Madottati

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,085 Views)

Hi Madottati,

the interpolation functions give you interpolation coefficients. With those coefficients and the formula used by the interpolation function you can calculate your desired extrapolated value.

For an example you may read the LabVIEW help for the "Exponential fit" function…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,059 Views)

Look into the Mathematics->Fitting palette.  Those may be able to find you an equation based on what data you have and then calculate with whatever value you want.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 7 of 8
(3,046 Views)

From the appearance of your graph the Exponential Fit.vi in the palette crossrulz mentioned might be a good starting point.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,997 Views)