From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

filtering an array of wave forms

Hi,

I'm new to labview and I'm trying to use butterworth filter on signals i'm acquiring through DAQ device. SO here's the problem: when I connect this array to the filter it doesn't show anything. when I try to use GET WAVEFORM COMPONENT it causes an error that says there is a mismatch of the types . so how can I use a filter for this signal?

sample.PNG

regards

erfan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,604 Views)

Hi erfan,

there are NO waveforms in your picture.

Why do you even think you can use the GetWaveformComponents function here?

when I connect this array to the filter it doesn't show anything.

What is the error output of the filter function?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,595 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Perhaps I've misunderstood the difference between waveforms and signals. But regarding my problem, there is no error. it just doesn't show anything on the graph, while my signal is being displayed without problem. Since I want to filter the data in real time, I also tried using pt by pt butterworth filter, which gives the error that says "the type of the source is 1D array of single, the type of the sinc is double". 

Sorry if my question is too simplistic and for the vague explanation. thanks for your time

erfan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,576 Views)

Hi erfan,

instead of posting pictures you should post VIs/snippets with useful default data embedded!

Otherwise all we can do is gazing into our crystal balls…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,569 Views)

erfan,

Here is a simple idea that may help. put a probe at the input to your filter, if nothing is going in you can't get anything out. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,551 Views)