From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

filter suitable for processing medical image

hello , i use  the filter as Gradient,smoothing  to filter medical image in labview but i don't have a clear result .so if you have a  filter fit to medical image ? thank you for answering me its urgent.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,248 Views)

Gradient is HighPass Filter and Smoothing is Low Pass Filter.

-If you are not sure which filter to use for what then the results will not be clear.

-There are lot of filters which are based on different kernels and you can create some based on some custom kernels also.

-You can provide some sample images if possible to give some suggestions.

-Read more on Spatial Filters: https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370281AC-01/nivisionconcepts/spatial_filtering/

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,191 Views)

hello udka,

i want you to know that i apply these filters in processing videos and yes ,i use filters based on kernel as you see in the VI attached ,but the problem is that the  acquired video clear than the processed one ,if you can help me to obtain a clear result with using filters ,thank you for answering me its urgent.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,187 Views)

hello udka,

i want you to know that i apply these filters in processing videos and yes ,i use filters based on kernel as you see in the VI attached ,but the problem is that the  acquired video clear than the processed one ,if you can help me to obtain a clear result with using filters ,thank you for answering me its urgent.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,186 Views)

-You need to provide sample images, without that we don't know how your images are and can't help.

-Define clear result.

Thanks
uday
Message 5 of 9
(3,181 Views)

dear udka ,I have already defined my result which is processed medical image, maybe you find that's not a problem in the VI and the filters give good results, but when you use medical image, the filter gives a result, but it's not the wanted one so if you have a filters differents of what I use in the last VI. hope you understand thank you for answering me

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,178 Views)

I think the concern is that whilst "processed medical image" might mean a specific (and obvious?) thing to you, for others on this forum that meaning is unknown.

Perhaps if you provide a before filtering image, and an example image in the category you describe as "processed medical image" (if at all possible the same image) then it would be easier to make detailed suggestions.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,168 Views)

that's right because I see that in the answers of members, I mean by 'medical image ' image of the brain or other organ of body, because I have a biomédical project and I have to create interfaces labview  which contains filters in order to display a clear image for doctor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,160 Views)

@laryngo93 wrote:

that's right because I see that in the answers of members, I mean by 'medical image ' image of the brain or other organ of body, because I have a biomédical project and I have to create interfaces labview  which contains filters in order to display a clear image for doctor

As other people have already mentioned, there isn't going to be a clear and simple answer that will work for all "medical images". We really need sample images as a starting point to know what will work best in your particular application. Only after you give us a starting point and clear goals about what needs to be done can we offer up any helpful advice.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,094 Views)