From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file path default

Hi,
How can we setup a file path so as by default it is not empty, in other words when running the VI, it would not ask to specify a file.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(7,804 Views)

Hi RJP,

try this: right click on the control and select "Data Operation -> Make current value default". Hope this helps.

Mike

Message 2 of 9
(7,802 Views)
You can either pass the file that you want as a constant or through a control, or try feeding "current vi's path" or "default directory" constant from Flile I/O --->File Constants.
If you can attach your VI and be slightly more descriptive, we can perhaps better help you.

Best,

Santiago
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(7,786 Views)
Thanks guys, worked for me.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(7,761 Views)
I have 2 problems.

1. My program keeps ignoring what I put in Start path on a global path variable. It goes to the desktop nomather what. It worked at first but then just suddenly stopped working. So I coded it with a constant (bad solution =/).

2. When I code the path I wanna code it like this: "current path of running vi or program\data" but I dont know how to type that in.
So I dont want it to be eg. "C.\Labview\CE v1.0\data" so that if the folder is moved or renamed the coding wont work...

Anyone who has any answers?

Cheers
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(7,505 Views)
Y cant you use this icon
Message 6 of 9
(7,499 Views)
Wops that was what I was looking for. Stupid me trying to write some expression for it =). Thx
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(7,472 Views)
Nothing stupid mate.We are all here to learn something new everyday!!!

Dont forget to rate a good answer

Message 8 of 9
(7,461 Views)

Thanks mike

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,464 Views)