LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file path after build application (.exe)

hi all,

i have finished my programming and want to create a .exe application. After i do the following step from the tutorial, i find there is just one "data" folder exist and all files(.txt, .csv etc.) are located in it. 

Could anyone tell me if the files in the data folder are just one copy or the original? if original, is it possible to keep the folder as before? otherwise i need to create sub folder to split all files since they belong to different folder and different vi...

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,575 Views)

Hi Josua,

i find there is just one "data" folder exist and all files(.txt, .csv etc.) are located in it. 

That's the default place to store data files for an app!

Could anyone tell me if the files in the data folder are just one copy or the original?

They are copies…

if original, is it possible to keep the folder as before?

Either change your build settings to put the files in the right place. Or create a VI called in the INIT state of your executable to put those files into their places…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,527 Views)

hi GerdW,

Thanks for your reply!

Could anyone tell me if the files in the data folder are just one copy or the original?

They are copies…

I also heard that the originals are built in the app, but i could not read my files(not from "data" folder) as non-built before....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,525 Views)