LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file open box hidden by front panel

Sometning new.  When I open a "read from text file" function (modal) lfrom my program, it get hidden by my own front panel.(just behind it)   Was hoping just a setting to bring it to the front when i open? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,172 Views)
The modal dialog should always be on top. How is your main window configured?

What version on LabVIEW? What OS?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,149 Views)

Currently using LV2010  under XP

Thankyou Mike.  Had to been an incorrect setting on my part.  I just switched the behavior under window appearance from custom to default and the issue went away.

I can live with that.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,127 Views)

"I just switched the behavior under window appearance from custom to default and the issue went away.

I can live with that."

Leave it as custom if you need some custom behaviour of your front panel. Do not throw out the baby with the bathwater! 🙂

You just need to figure out which actual custom setting is not appropriate in your case...Probably your window appearance was set to modal?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,118 Views)
Yes, you'll notice that there is also a predefined setting for a top-level application window.

Not so very log ago, it was common to try to keep people from accessing the "rest of the computer" by making the application window fill the entire screen and turning it into a huge modal dialog box. The problem with this approach is that it just didn't work, and in fact caused lots of other problems -- like how do you decide the z-axis ordering of windows when you have multiple modal dialog boxes open.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,096 Views)

I believe that both you and Blokk are correct -Will check into it later, i underestimated other aspects of the program and am now time stressed. Got to go now with what i have. 

Thanx again !

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,062 Views)