LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file data log

Hello,

I'm developing an application that store data from different channels. Before to start the recording the operator has to do something. I have to control what he is doing, for this reason I want to write a file that has 5 minutes of history.My question is: how can I work directly with the file? I'd like to use the file like a FIFO. Do you have any suggestion?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,628 Views)

@fabio.int wrote:

Hello,

I'm developing an application that store data from different channels. Before to start the recording the operator has to do something. I have to control what he is doing, for this reason I want to write a file that has 5 minutes of history.My question is: how can I work directly with the file? I'd like to use the file like a FIFO. Do you have any suggestion?

Do not do this.  It will be slow and a pain to maintain.  I recommend using circular buffer in your code instead.  Then you can periodically write the content of the buffer to a file as a backup.  The simplest way I have found to make a circular buffer is a fixed sized queue with the Lossy Enqueue.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,607 Views)

Yes, I know... you are right. But for some reasons I have to work directly with the file... I'll find the "TDMS Delete Data" that seems to work like I want.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,581 Views)